Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Krays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Krays

    I just read Charlie Kray's autobiography & apparently there was meant to be a film about the Kray twins made previously to the one officially released in 1990. This one was going to be produced by Roger Daltrey & would've concentrated more on the relationship between the brothers & give a more accurate summary than the one actually released. It was meant to have starred Hywel Bennett & Gerry Sundquist but Daltrey had so many problems with it that he dropped the project!

  • #2
    The movie was based on the true story of identical two brothers Reginald Kray and Ronald, the drama is of the most notorious British crime lords focused on the character to include homosexuality, an overbearing mother, and jealousy leading to hyperviolent bloodletting, rather than the glamorization of the gangster lifestyle of those.

    Comment


    • #3
      I always thought that the film should have made a lot more of the actual trial.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MovieCritic View Post
        The movie was based on the true story of identical two brothers Reginald Kray and Ronald, the drama is of the most notorious British crime lords focused on the character to include homosexuality, an overbearing mother, and jealousy leading to hyperviolent bloodletting, rather than the glamorization of the gangster lifestyle of those.
        https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/krays/

        Comment


        • #5
          Who remembers Gerry Sundquist in Soldier and Me?
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wadsy View Post
            I just read Charlie Kray's autobiography & apparently there was meant to be a film about the Kray twins made previously to the one officially released in 1990. This one was going to be produced by Roger Daltrey & would've concentrated more on the relationship between the brothers & give a more accurate summary than the one actually released. It was meant to have starred Hywel Bennett & Gerry Sundquist but Daltrey had so many problems with it that he dropped the project!
            There was the 1990 film, The Krays, starring the Kemp brothers as the Kray twins & Billie Whitelaw as their mother, Violet Kray and there was also Legend (2015), starring Tom Hardy as both Ronnie & Reggie Kray

            Steve

            Comment


            • #7
              The one with the Kemps and Billie also had Avis Bunnage in it. I think this was her last role before she died?

              Comment


              • #8
                The Tom Hardy and Tom Hardy one is ace! To cut a long story short, it puts the Spandau Ballet version in the shade!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                  The Tom Hardy and Tom Hardy one is ace! To cut a long story short, it puts the Spandau Ballet version in the shade!
                  Agreed, he is tremendous (in both roles)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X