• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191028_160423.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	79511 1965 James Bond boardgame - not bad for £ 1.49!

Comment

• agutterfan
      agutterfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oddly, the picture looks more like Napoleon Solo from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

• Ian Fryer
      Ian Fryer commented
      Editing a comment
      If I were Sean Connery I'd be quite insulted if anyone thought the picture on that box looked like me!

But he is using a Walther air-pistol which is what was used as a prop for the photo-session by David Hurn as they didn't have a PPK to hand. David was a keen air-pistol shooter so it was lucky he had it to hand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05l6pdx

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Fryer View Post
      I was in London for a concert at the Royal Albert Hall last night of Carmina Burana and Saint Sains Organ Symphony.
      I bet is was wonderful.......

You've certainly a great view, I go on Good Friday every year to watch Handel's Messiah, it gives me a good, spiritual lift.......

Comment

Name:	image_9124.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	79621 ​​​​​Some nice LP finds today. Both Thoroughly Modern Millie and Goodbye Mr. Chips come with posh brochures and Mr. Chips is in a gatefold sleeve, as befits the enormous budget of the film. Cooking this afternoon and I think I'll pop A Man and a Woman on the record player (I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere). Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-10-30 13.23.25.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.8 KB ID:	79622Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-10-30 13.22.38.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.9 KB ID:	79623

Comment

The James Bond game was good value. Assuming it's complete, it's probably worth around £20.00 today.

Comment

• Ian Fryer
            Ian Fryer commented
            Editing a comment
            It's complete, though the box could be in slightly better nick. It even has the tiny little secret briefcase.

Here's the cute little briefcase and one of the Bond figures.

Comment

I've never actually seen The Day they Robbed the Bank of England but I found the tie-in paperback today. Fortunately the price sticker is on the back because the damned thing seems to be stuck on with superglue and is guaranteed to take half the cover with it!

Name:	20190814_161859.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	76236
            I imagine you have already tried lighter fuel? That's the usual trick. I used to have this problem when I bought rare-ish records in London in the 80s. I sometimes said I'd pay the asking price only if they could get the price sticker off with no remaining mark. More than one place couldn't, which is weird. What would make them put a sticker for 15 quid on a 1956 Little Richard album, thereby bringing its value down to a bout two quid?

Comment

• Ian Fryer
              Ian Fryer commented
              Editing a comment
              Since I posted this I've come across a wonderful product called Sticky Stuff which is for removing sticky tickets.

The worst thing I've seen is one charity shop I go in where a helpful member of staff assured the customers their LPs were high quality by writing "checked" on every cover. In biro.

More soundtrack vinyl finds. I was wondering what the Sexton Blake theme was on the BBC album, then worked out from the picture of Jeremy Clyde that it's from Sexton Blake and the Demon God from 1978. Some interesting tracks on this one: Empire Road, Telford's Change and Don't Forget to Write. The latter was a particular favourite of its co-star, much-missed Britmovie poster Francis Matthews.

Comment

More soundtrack vinyl finds. I was wondering what the Sexton Blake theme was on the BBC album, then worked out from the picture of Jeremy Clyde that it's from Sexton Blake and the Demon God from 1978. Some interesting tracks on this one: Empire Road, Telford's Change and Don't Forget to Write. The latter was a particular favourite of its co-star, much-missed Britmovie poster Francis Matthews.
              I have a cassette of that BBC album, but sadly no longer any working equipment to play it!

Comment

Working...
              X