Newspaper offices in British films and tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper offices in British films and tv

I watched The Day the Earth Caught Fire again recently which is set in a newspaper office, the Express I think.

Last night I watched an episode of Special Branch (Sewell, Mower) which went to the Express office.

Defence of the Realm also has some newspaper scenes, is that the Express again ?

There must be more ?

The Day the Earth Caught Fire: Indeed it was The Express in Fleet Street, and the editor in the film was played by the real editor of The Express at the time, Arthur Christiansen.
    Last edited by agutterfan; 22nd March 2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Some of Kill Me Tomorrow (1957) was set in a newspaper office , not sure however if it was real but I think there were shots of Fleet Street.

Comment

Television shows include Gazette (1968) and Inside Story (1986)

E.

Comment

The BBC film Slip Up (1986) renamed The Great Paper Chase for legal reasons for its eventual 1988 broadcast before falling foul of a libel suite, is a great portrait of Fleet St in the 70s, especially the Express, Fulton McKay playing editor Ian McColl.

Comment

Are these genuine newspaper locations or just newspaper based ?

Comment

Lytton's Diary with Peter Bowles, as a gossip columnist in a fictional newspaper office.

Comment

Originally posted by ps68060 View Post
                Are these genuine newspaper locations or just newspaper based ?
                The Day the Earth Caught Fire was in the real Daily Express building with the real Express editor playing the editor.

Steve

Comment

Unpublished Story, Richard Greene and Valerie Hobson

Stop Press Girl, Sally Ann Howes, Gordon Jackson, and those other two film habitue of the 50s/60s

Comment

Clive James Postcard from London went into the express building after it had closed down.

Comment

Working...
                    X