No announcement yet.

Bubble cars & three wheelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall seeing Bubble cars on the streets as a child in the 60's, I was fascinated by them, remember pink and yellow coloured ones.

One preserved Bubble car on display at Caister Castle Car Museum, Norfolk..........

Comment

Feeling ill I watched CFF Peril for the Guy yesterday.

Caspinelli is driving a strange open top three wheeler. It might be a Bond but I haven't tried to identify it yet.

https://www.reelstreets.com/films/pe...lm-foundation/

Comment

Have a look at imcdb.org - it doesn't have every film ever made by any stretch of the imagination, but it does have this one.

http://imcdb.org/movie.php?id=169123

Comment

To my knowledge, bubble cars were never sold in North America. I do recall, some years back, Volkswagen came out with a two seat small car. Very economical on petro. But, very small. I think after about two or 3 years they stopped making them. They were sold in Europe.

Comment

One of the best known, must be the one Ian Carmichael drove in I'm All Right Jack, running over Terry-Thomas foot.

Comment

Eric 7885 wrote:
              > To my knowledge, bubble cars were never sold in North America.

If you watch “American Pickers”, they are often looking for or at bubble cars.

Steve

Comment

• Eric7885
                Eric7885 commented
                Editing a comment
                I never watch American Pickers. Thank you for the information. I will be on the lookout or that program. As for telly service, I only have the basic service. Not that many channels to choose from.

• Steve Crook
                Steve Crook commented
                Editing a comment
                “American Pickers” can be found on channels Dave & UK History.
                But if you don't get those then you won't have seen them & know what items are sold in North America
            Working...
            X