Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Crook
    commented on 's reply
    “American Pickers” can be found on channels Dave & UK History.
    But if you don't get those then you won't have seen them & know what items are sold in North America

• Eric7885
    commented on 's reply
    I never watch American Pickers. Thank you for the information. I will be on the lookout or that program. As for telly service, I only have the basic service. Not that many channels to choose from.

• Steve Crook
    replied
    Eric 7885 wrote:
    > To my knowledge, bubble cars were never sold in North America.

If you watch “American Pickers”, they are often looking for or at bubble cars.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Tigon Man
    replied
    One of the best known, must be the one Ian Carmichael drove in I'm All Right Jack, running over Terry-Thomas foot.

Leave a comment:

• Eric7885
    replied
    To my knowledge, bubble cars were never sold in North America. I do recall, some years back, Volkswagen came out with a two seat small car. Very economical on petro. But, very small. I think after about two or 3 years they stopped making them. They were sold in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Dando
    replied
    Have a look at imcdb.org - it doesn't have every film ever made by any stretch of the imagination, but it does have this one.

http://imcdb.org/movie.php?id=169123

Leave a comment:

• ps68060
    replied
    Feeling ill I watched CFF Peril for the Guy yesterday.

Caspinelli is driving a strange open top three wheeler. It might be a Bond but I haven't tried to identify it yet.

https://www.reelstreets.com/films/pe...lm-foundation/

Leave a comment:

• Mark O
    replied
    I recall seeing Bubble cars on the streets as a child in the 60's, I was fascinated by them, remember pink and yellow coloured ones.

One preserved Bubble car on display at Caister Castle Car Museum, Norfolk..........

Leave a comment:

• ps68060
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Dennis Price certainly drove a Bubble Car in the Naked truth.
    A BMW Isetta. They restored one on Wheeler Dealers.

Leave a comment:

• cassidy
    replied
    Memories of the song "Beep Beep"

Leave a comment:

• googiefan
    replied
    Our friend went to his wedding in one recently. It was lovely to see. Both the wedding and the car. It was a friend of his car. I loved the bubble cars and remember them when I was a child in the 60s. There is a bubble car museum somewhere. I think it is in Lincolnshire.

Leave a comment:

• wadsy
    replied
    A mate of mine owned various bubble cars & Reliants over the years. I recall one time his Isetta broke down & seized up at a set of traffic lights & he
    had to get some blokes who were passing by to pick it up & move it into a side street. The steering wheel attached to the front door wouldn't turn!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Crook
    replied
    There’s a bubble car near the end of Blue Murder at St. Trinian’s leading the coach that brings the little horrors back to the school. But they have just been to Italy & touring Europe so maybe they half inched it

No close-ups so I can’t tell which make it is

Steve

Leave a comment:

• ps68060
    replied
    I just spotted another in the opening scenes of Raising the Wind, parked outside the college.

Leave a comment:

• ps68060
    replied
    I just watched Get Carter.

Outside Bryan Mosley's house I think there was an orange Bond Bug.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X