B/W War film . "The Bridge"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B/W War film . "The Bridge"?

B/W War film set in a small German town. Involves the young boys being enlisted to defend the bridge, I think.

Last edited by cornershop15; 27 April 2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks a million. That is the one that I am looking for. When I did a search in IMDB for The Bridge it didn't show up. When I did a search for Die Brücke "The Bridge (1959)" appeared.. Thanks again.

Comment

• cornershop15
        cornershop15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to be of help, marlowe. Bernhard Wicki, the director, also had a successful career as an actor. Five years earlier, he played Johann Strauss in a film callled 'The Eternal Waltz' (West Germany) and starred with Maria Schell in, coincidentally, 'The Last Bridge' (Austria). Towards the end of his career Mr. Wicki had a part in the American film 'Paris, Texas'.

Just one of the many interesting foreign actors that are destined to mean little or nothing to people outside Europe. I wish their work was more accessible (mainstream TV I mean, so they can achieve equal popularity, and their languages as easy to understand as our own. Having said that, great news that 'The Bridge' was deemed worthy of a Criterion release - to the smallest percentage possible of film fans.

If you search the IMDb for The Bridge they only show the first few matches (and lots of things match The Bridge) but if you click on More Title Matches then you get the full list of all the matches which includes Die Brücke (1959) aka "The Bridge".

​​​​​​​ Steve

Comment

Thanks for the tip.. I was beginning to doubt my memory of the title, hence the request.

Comment

Working...
        X