Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Comedy. staff at a summer hotel in Yorkshire. I think late 1980 early 1990

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedy. staff at a summer hotel in Yorkshire. I think late 1980 early 1990

I love this movie and I am sure it was a starting point for many well know actors now. There was one character who slept walked. The staff lived in at the hotel. Would love to see this movie again but can't remember the name or director. Thanks!

I cannot for the life of me think what this could be......are you sure it was a theatrical release and not a telly play?

Comment

Wales rather than Yorkshire and filmed on the Isle of Man but could it be 'Experience Preferred...But Not Essential' ?

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083911/[/url]

Comment

Comment

Thank you, Doc. I watched this on YouTube earlier. Silver Tyne is absolutely right. The naked sleepwalker is Mostyn Evans.

1982 is already 'after my time' but I liked the film very much. Unusually, some of the crew were better known to me than the unfamiliar cast (e.g. editor John Shirley, costume designer Tudor George). Director Peter Duffell and screenwriters June Roberts and Jack Rosenthal are all well-established favourites. The main characters were played by Elizabeth Edmonds, who I thought resembled both Gwen Taylor and Gillian Kearney, and Ron Bain. I failed to recognise him from 'Naked Video', a Scottish sketch show that was on BBC2 about 20 years ago.

The slightly unclear picture quality can't have helped. Nevertheless, grateful thanks to the uploader for this rarity, set in 1962. It turned out to be another excellent addition to my hopefully-forthcoming 'Connections' thread. Along the way, I spotted a vintage radio, posters of current Pop idols (Elvis, Cliff, Billy Fury, Adam Faith), several paperbacks (The Camp on Blood Island was one of them), and a poster for 'A Kind of Loving'. There was an homage to the classic British film in the next scene, with the two lovers taking shelter from the rain.

Should you return Tracy, glad you found what you were looking for. After you've watched it again, can you let us know if there are any other rekindled memories (apart from the naked sleepwalker)? I need some inspiration to help me start another thread I've had in mind.
          Last edited by cornershop15; 16th April 2017, 11:18 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=cornershop15;n3237]The main characters were played by Elizabeth Edmonds, who I thought resembled both Gwen Taylor and Gillian Kearney[/QUOTE]

I also get her confused with Jane Carr.

Comment

Working...
            X