Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Two kids on day out to London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two kids on day out to London

Hi, I am trying to recall the name of a b/w film set in England in which a boy and a girl go to London on what I think was a day trip. All I remember is the girl and boy, aged around 11 or 12, coming home from London in a black cab right at the end of the film. Not much to go on, I know. I have a feeling the movie would have been set in the late 40s, early 50s. The kids are really happy on their way back from London, sat in the cab, no adults, which to me, as a kid watching, seemed incredibly adventurous. Cheers, CJW

John and Julie (1955)?

Comment

Yes, I would say John and Julie, one of my favourite films from that period.

Comment

Yes, John and Julie is available on DVD, the town seen when they're boarding the coach is Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire.

Comment

[FONT=arial][SIZE=16px]Error, so typing again.

There's definitely something wrong here. When I try to enlarge the text, it comes out like the above.[/SIZE][/FONT]
          Last edited by darrenburnfan; 26th April 2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=darrenburnfan;n3701][FONT=arial][SIZE=16px]Error, so typing again.

There's definitely something wrong here. When I try to enlarge the text, it comes out like the above.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

So why do you bother trying to set the font face and the font size when you know that it doesn't work?
            Readers can control the font size they read things at in their browser
            I don't think that anyone is ever really concerned about the font face used. If they are concerned about it then they should be concerned about serious issues instead :)

Steve

Comment

Steve, you do have a weird reaction to comments sometimes. There are still some minor teething problems with the display on the new forum and people should feel encouraged to report them.

Comment

It's worked fine up until now. This default size is far too small for my 70 years old eyes. I'm having to use a magnifying glass over the screen to read what I'm typing at this moment.

Comment

[QUOTE=darrenburnfan;n3707]It's worked fine up until now. This default size is far too small for my 70 years old eyes. I'm having to use a magnifying glass over the screen to read what I'm typing at this moment.[/QUOTE]

Which browser are you using?
                  You can probably make the browser display the text in a larger size

Steve

Comment

[QUOTE=StoneAgeMan;n3706]Steve, you do have a weird reaction to comments sometimes. There are still some minor teething problems with the display on the new forum and people should feel encouraged to report them.[/QUOTE]

What's weird about it?

These things have been reported many times already :)

Steve

Comment

[FONT=arial][SIZE=16px]I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser. But I'm not computer literate enough to figure out how to enlarge text on a forum with it, [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

[QUOTE=darrenburnfan;n3722]I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser. But I'm not computer literate enough to figure out how to enlarge text on a forum with it, [/QUOTE]
                        Click on the cog wheel in the upper right hand corner to see the Tools menu
                        Click on Zoom in that drop down menu
                        Select the zoom percentage or just click on Zoom In (CTRL +) until you get to a reasonable resolution

Steve

Comment

Thanks, Steve. That's fixed it from my end. I can see what I'm typing now. If anyone has trouble reading this, take Steve's advice.

David.

Comment

Now THAT's what I call a happy ending!! Glad to hear it all worked out. Nice work Steve.

Comment

[QUOTE=darrenburnfan;n3748]Thanks, Steve. That's fixed it from my end. I can see what I'm typing now. If anyone has trouble reading this, take Steve's advice.

David.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on which browser you are using. The instructions are different for other browsers

On Firefox you need to go to View -> Zoom

On Google Chrome you need to click on the 3 vertical dots in the top right to get the menu then click on Zoom

On Safari you need to click on the cog wheel in the top right and then click on Show Menu Bar (if it isn't already showing)
                              Then click on View -> Zoom In (or Zoom Out or even Zoom Text Only)

On Opera browsers you need to click on View -> Zoom

But I'm glad that it now works for you David and that you won't need to set fonts & sizes in your posts

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X