Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

WW2 RAF Film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 RAF Film

[FONT=Frutiger 45 Light][SIZE=2][FONT=Frutiger 45 Light][SIZE=2]I am trying to remember a WWII film set on an RAF airbase.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Frutiger 45 Light][SIZE=2][FONT=Frutiger 45 Light][SIZE=2]The main female character loses her husband – he has left behind his lucky mascot which may, or may not have been a lighter. She then falls in love again and gives the 'lucky' lighter to her new love. At the end of the film he too is killed and he too has forgotten the lighter.
    Thanks, Mandy[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Mandy

[B]The Way To The Stars[/B] (1945) - also known as - [B]Johnny In The Clouds[/B]

Michael Redgrave and John Mills

Not sure why the Bold text is not working :)
    Last edited by BVS; 15th February 2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

The little formatting commands like Bold and Italic work perfectly in some of the sub-forums here, but not in others. It is a quirk that has yet to be ironed out. It was noted when the transfer was made to the new host server, but we were all just so grateful to WearySloth for providing a home, that no-one pressed him further on sorting out this oddity.

Comment

Thank you very much. Mandy

Comment

Pleasure Mandy - I forgot to say it is one of my favourite films - especially the first half,we do not often see Douglas Bostons on film :)

The airfield used for the filming was at (then) RAF Catterick,N Yorks - now an Army camp.

rgds baz

Comment

Working...
          X