Film containing Traction Engines and street riots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film containing Traction Engines and street riots

These pictures were taken in London NW1 during location filming, apparently in the 1950's. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the name of the film might have been featuring "traction engines" and "street riots"?

Don't know the film but there is still a transport Company in Enfield Called Redburn Transfers Ltd. and a large industral estate in Ponders End Enfield called The Redburn Estate.

Comment

"NW1" is, of course, nowhere near Enfield though. It covers Camden Town and Regents Park and down towards Paddington. Went through some rougher times in the past (50s?), but right now is filled with some very rich people in rather nice (town)houses.
      [url]https://www.getthedata.com/postcode/NW1/where-is-NW1[/url]

Comment

CFF Film Smokey Joes Revenge

Comment

Not much info on IMDb for that title, cff.fan, and it was made in 1974. Did you recognise it by sight?

I see from your recent posts that you have 140+ CFF films on DVD. That sounds like a good qualification for a sighting!!

[URL]https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1[/URL]
          Last edited by StoneAgeMan; 3rd March 2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• cff.fan
            cff.fan commented
            Editing a comment
            It is one in my collection yes circa 1974 when the foundation was going strong

Thanks to everyone for your ideas and thoughts. Where I have been able to follow up I have drawn a blank. I was hopeful that the [I]CFF Smokey Joe[/I] was going to be the answer but there is some 20 years between the apparent filming and I see from Youtube that Smokey Joe was a road roller and not as per the photo. The mystery continues. Thanks again all.

Comment

Working...
          X