Can you name this B&W British comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you name this B&W British comedy

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=14px]I thought it was called [/SIZE][B]Lose A Million [/B][SIZE=14px]and featured [/SIZE][B]Margaret Rutherford [/B][SIZE=14px]but I find it's not and now I've got that annoying feeling, I know the film but what's it called?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]It's a late 40s or 50s B&W film - basic plot is that a group of people (relatives?) all stand to inherit a fortune if they perform a specific act within an allotted time. Each character is given a separate task, a task that basically goes against the very grain of their nature. A posh woman is forced to work as a maid (tea shop?) serving other people, an upstanding person has to spend a night in jail etc. The twist at the end (if I recall correctly) is that it was a hoax, there was no fortune, but the characters had learned some very important life lessons. It was an ensemble piece featuring well known 50s British character actors.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]Help! What's it called?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Laughter in Paradise

Two versions, one with Alistair Sims, and one with Michael Hordern (now I think about it, Hordern's version is not called LiP? ... checking)

EDIT : Hordern's version = Some Will, Some Won't.

I suspect it's the Sims' version Laughter in Paradise you're recalling.
    Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 5th September 2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• agutterfan
      agutterfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Arthur, you're a gent, indeed it's Laughter In Paradise.
Working...
X