Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me name and find this black & white film, from the 50's perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me name and find this black & white film, from the 50's perhaps?

The synopsis: A small schoolboy arrives late home to tell his parents that as he had lost his bus fare, the driver would not let him board. The angry parents report the driver which triggers a chain of events which finally result in the bus driver committing suicide. The parents decide to leave home for a while until the sandal dies down. When trying to get a suitcase to close, the boys father asks his son to stand on the case lid so that it can be closed and, as he does so, he is playing with a yo-yo. The father askes where he got it, only to reveal to the father that he had spent his bus fare on the yo-yo and lied about the bus driver. The boy is made to go to the bus station to admit he had told a small lie which he then had to continue with having started lying. He had to exonerate the now deceased driver.

Is it this one ?

[url]https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054318/?ref_=nv_sr_8?ref_=nv_sr_8[/url]

Comment

• David Heft
      David Heft commented
      Editing a comment
      Than you. No, I do not think so. It was very definitely an English film and probably even earlier than 1960.
Working...
X