Help ! Film stuck in my head but no idea on name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ! Film stuck in my head but no idea on name

Okay so this is very vague, if anyone can help it would be great thank you!

so the plot is:
    the main character wants to learn a skill/sport/to fight (I can’t remember) so he hires someone to teach him. This guy tried teaching him using the weirdest tasks that have no apparent relation to the skill he wants to learn (again, can’t remember any of the tasks). The main character calls him out on his teaching methods but the trainer assured him he knows what he’s talking about. It comes to a time where the main character is up to compete/fight/partake in whatever skill he was learning and he tells the trainer he dosnt know what he’s doing. The trainer then tells him to act out the actions from the silly tasks he gave him in training, and behold he is great at the skill he wanted to learn.
    I know it’s vague, so sorry. The only example to show what im thinking of is like this:
    character wants to learn to fight, so teacher makes him stomp berries, churn the butter, swat flies etc, it comes to the fight and teacher shouts stomp the berries and all the other tasks he did at the guy and he wins the fight by using a perfect fight sequence. I just can’t remember in the film if it’s a sport or fighting or whatever.
    any ideas ? Quarantine brain got me all confused. I feel like there’s a funny character as the main lead, someone like an Adam sandler or will farrel type of actor.

thank you so much ! Appreciate it if anyone knows what on Earth I’m talking about.

Karate Kid, with Ralph Macchio as Daniel, who is taught "wax on, wax off" by Pat Morita, as Mr Miyagi.

... or many other films that follow your description.

Comment

Could Be Remo Williams
      Directed by Guy Hamilton. With Fred Ward, Joel Grey, Wilford Brimley, J.A. Preston. An officially "dead" cop is trained to become an extraordinary unique assassin in service of the US President.

Comment

@Beespless

I have to agree with [USER="28"]StoneAgeMan[/USER], it does sounds like [I]The Karate Kid.[/I]

Comment

This does sound like it could be some sort of comedy take of The Karate Kid.

If you haven't already done so, it might be worth looking up similar films of The Karate Kid. Maybe starting on the Internet Movie Database.

Comment

Working...
          X