Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a film similar to "Frenzy", "Straight on till Morning", "Wait Until Dark", etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a film similar to "Frenzy", "Straight on till Morning", "Wait Until Dark", etc.

Back in 2016 or 2017, I was in the States and saw a double-feature on one of the all-movie channels (maybe AMC or TCM). One of the films was Hitchcock's "Frenzy". The other film was also in the crime/thriller /suspense genre, produced at one of the major British studios (maybe from the early-mid- Seventies) in which a young, blond woman was stalked (I seem to recall the stalker carried scissors, maybe?), and the stalker had followed her to a dark basement photo studio where she was being photographed. I believe that the stalker/killer was killed near the end of the film. For some reason, I keep thinking "Flowers in the Morning" (or similar words) showed-up in the credits. Any ideas?

Twisted Nerve with Hywel Bennett and Hayley Mills?

Comment

Fright (1971)? See: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067119/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_2.

Comment

No, but thank you for trying.

Comment

'Terror' 1978?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141897/

Comment

No, it wasn't "Terror", either. Still, you lot are very good. You've given me a few film titles that I may have to watch.
            In the film I'm searching for, as the end credits roll, the blond woman is seen walking down a street with her family. I realize that I've not given you much information to work with, but I only saw part of the film and I'm searching for the title so that I can view the remainder of it.

Comment

Dressed to Kill ?

Comment

Could it be Assault (1971)? See: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067243/?ref_=ttmi_tt.

Comment

• Alicia
                  Alicia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't believe so. Thank you for your efforts and input, however.

Only thing that comes to mind is
                ​​​Cover Girl Killer (1959) with Harry H Corbett

Comment

Originally posted by DocRobertPepper View Post
                  Only thing that comes to mind is
                  ​​​Cover Girl Killer (1959) with Harry H Corbett
                  Funnily enough that was also my first thought but when the early seventies was mentioned in the first post I naturally thought that the film was in colour whilst Cover Girl Killer is in black and white.

Comment

Are you sure it definitely isn't "Straight on till Morning"?

Comment

• Alicia
                      Alicia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, it is not "Straight on till Morning".
                      I came in during the latter half of the film. I recall the woman being stalked posing for a photographer in a basement studio. She was topless as she posed on a wooden horse, and I believe that the photographer may have been killed in this scene, or maybe the photographer was the stalker. The film had the look and feel of Hitchcock's "Frenzy".

Might be Peeping Tom (1960)

Comment

Looking at the descriptions near the start of this thread, there are no similarities.

Steve

Comment

• DocRobertPepper
                        DocRobertPepper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Was looking at the second description

• Steve Crook
                        Steve Crook commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It’s still a no. No blonde lady walking down the road with her family as the end credits roll.

My thought too.

Comment

Originally posted by skaface View Post

My thought too.
                        Shame that there's nothing in either of Alicia's descriptions that sound at all like it

Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X