Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with a 'Dad goes back to college' film.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a 'Dad goes back to college' film.

Looking for something to watch tonight, up popped a 1960 Bing Crosby film High Time about a retired dad who decides to go back to college, much to the embarrassment of his own kids. Also starring are Fabian and Tuesday Weld. I don't think we've seen this before, but I feel certain I've seen something very much like it somewhere. It was remade as 'Back to School' in 1986 with Rodney Dangerfield and Ned Beatty, but I'm pretty sure we haven't seen this version either.
    Does anyone know of another film that follows the same recipe? Many thanks.

Probably it's not what you are looking for but in Germany a very popular film is DIE FEUERZANGENBOWLE which was made during the war. Details on IMDB, film here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQXAcc5dps (no dubbing)

A succesful author which never had been to school and had private lessons sits in a group of honorable old men while they have punch. All tell their jokes and stories in schooldays and so the young doctor decides to go to high school again - as a student and starts what he missed ten years ago.......
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wilfried Mueller; 23 February 2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

There's an episode of the American anthology series TELEPHONE TIME from 1956 called "The Golden Junkman" where Lon Chaney, Jr. puts in a touching performance as an uneducated father who joins his children at school.

Comment

Mr. Belvedere Goes to College?

Comment

The more recent US film, "17 Again" where Matthey Perry wakes up in his younger self, played by Zac Efron. Goes back to school and relives some of his decisions...

Comment

Working...
          X