"About Face"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "About Face"

This was an excellent TV series - originally aired in 1989 with a second series in 1991. It starred the talented Maureen Lipman and many guest stars. The first series was released on video tape - not sure about series 2. Does anyone know if any or all of it was ever released on DVD?

An episode from the first series, Bag Lady, is included on the 'Jack Rosenthal At ITV' collection. This contains several other samples of programmes Jack contributed to, all of which have been released in their entirety (among them 'Village Hall' and 'Mrs. Thursday').

I'm surprised 'About Face' hasn't appeared on DVD by now. 'All At No. 20', wife Maureen Lipman's earlier series, was released back in 2015.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 6th January 2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=cornershop15;n66201]An episode from the first series, Bag Lady, is included on the 'Jack Rosenthal At ITV' collection. This contains several other samples of programmes Jack contributed to, all of which have been released in their entirety (among them 'Village Hall' and 'Mrs. Thursday').

I'm surprised 'About Face' hasn't appeared on DVD by now. 'All At No. 20', wife Maureen Lipman's earlier series, was released back in 2015.[/QUOTE]

Thank you - I have the Rosenthal collection - it was watching it that prompted my memory of 'About Face' - such a brilliant series. I do wish someone would release it on DVD. Have tried to contact ITV but with no response so far.

Comment

Working...
      X