Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two children on a London bus talking to conductor - what was the film?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two children on a London bus talking to conductor - what was the film?

I recall seeing this old film-noir one afternoon and would love to find the film again, Only thing I can remember is there were two children who had run away
    or maybe got lost - it was nightime and they were sitting on an old red London Routemaster bus on the side seats nearest the entry/exit and were talking to the conductor. Not sure of the year but could be the 1950s? Does it ring any bells with anyone?
    Last edited by Crunchie; 17th May 2019, 10:28 AM.

"it was nightime and they were sitting on an old red London Routemaster bus on the side seats nearest the entry/exit and were talking to the conductor. "

Welcome back, Kev. There is a scene exactly like this in 'Ballad in Blue', starring Ray Charles. Not a film noir obviously but I think Mary Peach's children in the film do run away from home at night, get on a London bus and talk to the female conductor (Anne Padwick).

Something else that comes to mind is 'The Little Ones', which I haven't seen since I was a child myself in the 1970s.

Comment

[QUOTE=Crunchie;n71523]I recall seeing this old film-noir one afternoon and would love to find the film again, Only thing I can remember is there were two children who had run away
      or maybe got lost - it was nightime and they were sitting on an old red London Routemaster bus on the side seats nearest the entry/exit and were talking to the conductor. Not sure of the year but could be the 1950s? Does it ring any bells with anyone?[/QUOTE]

Yup, Ballad in Blue

Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Mieu;n71783]

Yup, Ballad in Blue

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the screengrab but, alas, this is not the film, it was a male conductor, an elderly , authoritive sort of father-figure chap in the style of Jack Warner. And it was in the countryside not city centre. The hunt continues!

Comment

Working...
        X