Five films on my 'Wants List'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five films on my 'Wants List'

Over the past ten years I've been lucky enough to see a number of films that were on my long 'wants list' due to DVD releases and 'other sources.'

But there are still a few that have remained elusive I thought I'd start a thread of five films that forum members would like to see made available.

To start the ball rolling - in no particular order my top five are:

Mrs Gibbons' Boys (1962)

The Silken Affair (1956)

Two's Company (1936)

While Parents Sleep (1935)

At The Villa Rose (1920)
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 28th August 2019, 10:34 PM.

Not seen Mrs Gibbons' Boys, but full marks for the poster art!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":76939}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":76940}[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Comment

Tony

Would these be MGM films by any chance?

Comment

[QUOTE=Mikey;n76961]Tony

Would these be MGM films by any chance?[/QUOTE]

Not one M-G-M British film -I've managed to find copies of all the features, the things I'm after now a TV pilots: ''The City: Cairo' (1956), 'Sirocco' (1960,) 'The Diplomat' (1959) and 'One-eyed Jacks are Wild' (1965).

Why I'd like to see the ones I picked:

Mrs Gibbons' Boys - interesting ABPC film I became aware of during my ABPC backlot research

The Silken Affair - another ABPC film, I've wanted to see this because of Pauline Chamberlin's documented appearance

Two's Company (1936) - B&D film - for my interest in Paul Soskin - interesting because of the use of pistols in the films was blamed, by some, for the B&D fire.

While Parents Sleep (1935) - Soskin's second film (probably a dog, but would still like to see it)

At The Villa Rose (1920) - features Soskin's mother-in-law Manora Thew - from clips and photos, looks wonderful - filmed on location in France.

Comment

[QUOTE=Anthony McKay;n76978]Not one M-G-M British film -I've managed to find copies of all the features, the things I'm after now a TV pilots: ''The City: Cairo' (1956), 'Sirocco' (1960,) 'The Diplomat' (1959) and 'One-eyed Jacks are Wild' (1965).[/QUOTE]

You know that 'Sirocco' became 'Mr. Riviera'?

Comment

[QUOTE=Simon Coward;n76982]

You know that 'Sirocco' became 'Mr. Riviera'?

[/QUOTE]

Yes - would be great to see this under any title. I did some deep research into the 'Rendezvous' television series which led to the production of 'Sirocco' via 'The Man from Antibes' (a pilot for CBS) and ended in 'Man of the World.'

Comment

Working...
            X