Voices (1974) - David Hemmings, Gayle Hunnicutt Ghost story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voices (1974) - David Hemmings, Gayle Hunnicutt Ghost story

I just noticed this going through British productions in 1973 - new to me - are there any copies 'out there'?'
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 11th May 2020, 04:28 AM.

Modcinema have a DVD, see [URL="https://www.modcinema.com/search-product/253-voices-1973-dvd?s=voices"]https://www.modcinema.com/search-pro...3-dvd?s=voices[/URL]
    Last edited by agutterfan; 11th May 2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

If you are trying to purchase a DVD copy of this film, on your computer, type DVD.lady.com. This firm has ,voices, for sale starring David Hemmings and other classic films for purchase. I think, the DVD is region free.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevinspencer;n89634]If you are trying to purchase a DVD copy of this film, on your computer, type DVD.lady.com. This firm has ,voices, for sale starring David Hemmings and other classic films for purchase. I think, the DVD is region free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - but I have a copy now - very rough - but the staging and production design is quite stage play/video drama and loses very little from the quality of the copy.

Comment

It should be noted that two websites that have been listed on here, Mod Cinema and DVD Lady, are bootleg sites that brazenly sell bootleg DVDs of commercially available titles.

Comment

• agutterfan
              agutterfan commented
              Editing a comment
              But "Voices" isn't commercially available, in fact I don't think it's ever been released on DVD. If it had been Anthony wouldn't have asked if there were any copies out there. He's a great researcher.

I'm blushing because most of my research is dependent on the generosity of others - for which I'm very much indebted.

Comment

• agutterfan
              agutterfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, but you know how to do an Amazon or ebay search for a DVD. By the way, is the film any good?

Any good - hard to say.

For me, on the plus side - it uses three well-known Avengerland locations.

It's an interesting 'way point' on the career of David Hemmings.

Also an example of early '70s on-the cheap/keep the studio busy film-making.

On the down-side - it is 90% just Hemmings and Gayle Hunnicutt playing off each other using just one set.

Not much happens at all - very much like a 1970s BBC one-off play of the week.

Comment

Working...
            X