'The Flying Doctor'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Flying Doctor'

Hello old friends, have been off the radar now for quite some time, health issues, hope all well. I just wanted to ask, do any members know if any old episodes exist of 'The Flying Doctor' the early 60s? Best Scenesixty.

Good to see you back on the forum scenesixty. Sorry to hear you've had health issues & I hope you are well now.
    I can find no evidence of surviving episodes of "The Flying Doctor" on youtube.

Comment

• scenesixty
      scenesixty commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, wadsy thanking you. Scene.

I also wish you welcome back and hope you're feeling better as well. Is this the series you mean [URL]https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052467/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1[/URL]? If so, it was shot on film and apparently all 39 episodes exist, but not commercialy available. An ABC co-production, so relevant copyright holder probably still owns them. Maybe a polite email to Network DVD?
    Last edited by agutterfan; 17th May 2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I’m old enough to remember The Flying Doctor as a programme on the old steam radio

”Flying Doctor calling Wollumboola base” :)

Steve

Comment

While that was being made, there was also a pilot for a 'Trader Horn' series shot with John Turner (as Horn) and James Hayter as his side-kick.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"71549","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Here are Alan White, Jill Adams and Richard Genning at ABPC.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"71548","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Anthony McKay; 17th May 2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

One image I do recall from the original series was when Richard Denning as the good doctor retrieves a safety pin from a little girls throat.
          Funny how the memory picks things up!

Comment

Working...
          X