Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Simisola - Ch. Insp Wexford Mystery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simisola - Ch. Insp Wexford Mystery

I have a commercial DVD of this episode of the Wexford stories (Ruth Rendell Mysteries series) - one of only 3 or 4 which were commercially issued on DVD. However, the story has been edited (butchered!) and was released at 103 minutes when the 3 episodes (less adverts) were each at 50+ minutes. I watched the DVD again recently and it was apparent that there were bits missing as the story came to a very quick conclusion and various connections in the plot were not explained. Given that the script was by Alan Plater it is impossible to believe he would have done such a poor job. I know this sort of 'cutting' is not unusual when DVDs are published but does anyone, by any chance, have a copy of the original 3 TV episodes (presumably recorded off tv). Please get in touch if you can help me. Plenty to exchange or will happily pay costs. Thanks

bertie

iOffers has a member offering all 23 Wexford's on DVD. They don't appear to be edited down but I'm sure an e-mail to the seller would answer all your questions. I can't speak for everyone but over the years I'v always got what I paid for through iOffers. Some good and bad quality but it always seemed to be reflected in the price.

Comment

Simisola is available, uncut, in Network's RUTH RENDELL MYSTERIES box set.

[url]http://networkonair.com/drama/393-ruth-rendell-mysteries-the-best-of[/url]

Comment

Many thanks for the responses - I will follow these up.

Comment

IIRC the tv screening was "sorta"'widescreen, and the Network disc is more along the lines of 4:3 - but not enough of a difference for me to save the off-air VHS I recorded at the time.

Comment

Working...
          X