Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionel Blair & girls on a Mike & Bernie Winters show

OK this is a real long shot, but....

Some time in the early 70s on a show hosted (I'm almost certain) by Mike & Bernie Winters, there was a dance number performed by Lionel Blair and a quartet of much loved TV actresses. They were Diana Dors plus Carol Hawkins & Liz Gebhardt from The Fenn Street Gang and Anna Karen of On The Buses fame. Quite a memorable line up!

There is a picture on the web, but rumour has it that this episode, or at least a film clip of the skit - which [I]may[/I] have had a Wild West/"Red Indian" theme - is also out there somewhere.

Can anyone throw any further light on this? could it have been in an episode of "Mike and Bernie's Scene", perhaps? any help in tracking down any information, or even the elusive clip itself, would be most appreciated!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":88861}[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

could be mike bernie winters all star comedy christmas carnival
    on DVD apparently (I've ordered it as I found a cheap copy, so I'll let you know)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wearysloth; 7th May 2020, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Not in the 1972 or 1973 Jimmy Tarbuck [I][B]All Star Comedy Carnival[/B][/I] .
      Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 7th May 2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your response, Wearysloth. Sadly, as arthur has correctly pointed out, the All Star Comedy Carnival is not the one I'm trying to trace. I am 99% certain that it was part of a Mike & Bernie show circa 1971/72.

I'll keep searching!

Comment

Might it have been in a Blackpool Night Out Show ?

Comment

I don't think so, cassidy, but thanks for the suggestion.

M&B's Blackpool Night Out was a mid sixties show which I think only ran for a couple of series.

This was definitely early 1970s and in colour.

I've learned that they did a seven episode series called "Mike & Bernie's Scene" but can find no details of guests or programme content etc. This was 1970 though, probably still a couple of years too early.

Comment

The only programme I can find on imdb that has all the artistes listed is "The All Star Comedy Carnival" from 1972.
              Jimmy Tarbuck was the host but Mike & Bernie Winters didn't appear!
              I know it's been mentioned before but I think it has to be the right answer.
              Last edited by wadsy; 12th May 2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Gents

That photo was taken from the Shutterstock website [URL="https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/mike-and-bernie-winters-all-star-comedy-christmas-carnival-tv-programme-1971-1652575f"]https://www.shutterstock.com/editori...-1971-1652575f[/URL]

It says that photo is from The Mike and Bernie Winters All Star Comedy Christmas Carnival TV Programme - 1971

Hope this helps

Jim

Comment

[QUOTE=Toothknife;n89159]Hi Gents

That photo was taken from the Shutterstock website [URL="https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/mike-and-bernie-winters-all-star-comedy-christmas-carnival-tv-programme-1971-1652575f"]https://www.shutterstock.com/editori...-1971-1652575f[/URL]

It says that photo is from The Mike and Bernie Winters All Star Comedy Christmas Carnival TV Programme - 1971

Hope this helps

Jim[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Jim - I think you've nailed it!

i suppose the next question is....is it possible to get hold of a copy?

Comment

Working...
                  X