Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

A Celebration of Iconic Television at Elstree Studios with Diana Rigg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Celebration of Iconic Television at Elstree Studios with Diana Rigg

Didn't know where to place this as it has already happened on Sunday 24th September.

I was there at Elstree Studios last night and there does seem to have been some mellowing with regard to Diana having distanced herself from The Avengers. I don't think there was ever any doubt that she had real affection for Patrick and visa-versa. Though this Diana was completely different in her views about the series from the one who wrote the letter to Brian Clemens, that he read out at The Avengers at 50 event some years ago.

William Gaunt, Derren Nesbitt, Angela Douglas, Norman Eshley were all good. Valerie Leon revealed that she was paid £50.00 for her appearance in Whoever Shot Poor George Oblique Stroke XR40, which was more than she received for doing The Saint.

Aimi Mcdonald went into detail regarding her painful brush with a Cybernaut, and her high-pitched voice, which I thought was always put on is in fact her normal speaking voice, plus she sports the same blonde hairstyle that she did in the sixties.

Director John Hough was also there although he did not get involved in any of the interviews, only being mentioned by name by William Gaunt.

Later, nine of the Dead Man's Treasure Hunt event regulars went to the bar at the nearby Ibis Hotel, where we found Norman Eshley, who proceeded to tell us what it was like working on The Sweeney and The Professionals.

Thanks for the info.
    Some pictures from the event.

Comment

Hatpeg

I like the photographs. Maybe you would consider attending next years Dead Man's Treasure Hunt/Avengers event as it is based at The Ibis Hotel in Borehamwood, only quarter of a mile east from Elstree Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
        Hatpeg

I like the photographs. Maybe you would consider attending next years Dead Man's Treasure Hunt/Avengers event as it is based at The Ibis Hotel in Borehamwood, only quarter of a mile east from Elstree Studios.
        I've often thought about attending, but sadly never got round to it.
        I've visited many of the locations over the years, but not Tykes Water, which I would love to visit.
        When next years date is confirmed I will check my diary.

I did attend Chichester, and very much enjoyed it.

Comment

Hatpeg

We have visited Tykes Water Lake the last two years, but I cannot guarantee that we will be going there again next year. I rather think it will not be the case.

I was with some of the organizers at Elstree and they informed me that the end of June 2018 had been penciled in for next year's event.

I was also at Chichester and thought it was a great event and with hindsight done at the correct time before we lost so many people associated with The Avengers, who were guests there over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X