Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

British silent film festival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British silent film festival

From an email received it looks like this is going to be held in London April 18-19.more details to follow

Will it be a festival of "British" Silent Films, or a British Festival of Silent Films?

Comment

I believe that the 18th will be at my local Phoenix East Finchley.The 19th at Brunel University.

Comment

Starts at 10am at phoenix east Finchley on 18th April with all day showing of films.Continues following day at Kings College in the Strandwith lectures.£20 for one day or £30 for both days

Comment

Just a reminder of this event starting tomorrow.What a great way to spend a hot day,in a cinema.

Comment

Thursday morning saw the screening of Photophone shorts,mainly made in the UK around 1929.
            The afternoon saw the screening of the 1922 Ship's That Pass On The Night.The leading actors must have been the most photogenic and charismatic pair of actors ever.The story reminded me of a Lockwood Grainger weepie.It was dreadful.

Comment

Working...
            X