Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Wide Boy (1952)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Boy (1952)

Within the film this is presented as 'Creton Court, W.1' I presume that the 'W.1' part of that is correct while 'Creton Court' appears to be a fiction.

Still no idea as yet but i tried a new approach to find the double telephone boxes he uses and found this

Comment

Certainly the same building on the right. Shame the resolution is not good enough to read the road sign!

Comment

DoctorRobertPepper - Your image started to shout 'Lancaster Gate area' to me and after a few minutes of nosing around I found that that building is on the east side of Westbourne Street and the north side of Stanhope Terrace. Many thanks for the lead. This one looks much tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Matheson View Post
          DoctorRobertPepper - Your image started to shout 'Lancaster Gate area' to me and after a few minutes of nosing around I found that that building is on the east side of Westbourne Street and the north side of Stanhope Terrace. Many thanks for the lead. This one looks much tougher.
          Funny that as i was looking in the same area and gave up as it was getting late on the other side of Lancaster Gate so near but ......
          ive been round there so many times on my Scooter going up to Oxford Street etc but it didnt register

Comment

Working...
          X