Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Village of the Damned - three unknown locations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Village of the Damned - three unknown locations

I'm am still looking for three locations.

Any ideas?

Tony

There's not a lot to go on with these. I take it that you checked all the churches in the Hertsmere district for the final one? The spire there seems distinctive.

Comment

To be honest the aerial shot could have been taken anywhere close to an airport.

The house shot is looks to be in some part-ornamental estate - first guess was the Aldenham estate - but I can't find a house that matches. All the other locations are within spitting distance of Letchmore Heath other than some shots on London Road between High Cannons and Shenley.

Comment

The third pic I'm sure is Penn Street, Buckinghamshire.

Comment

I think that you're correct about it being Penn Street. Here's pretty much the same view from Bing Maps.

https://binged.it/2xEVWy6

Nick

Comment

Yes - certainly Penn Street - well done. I spent 30 minutes hunting around the area for the second shot - no luck so far.

Comment

Tony

Have you taken a look at the first red brick cottage/cottages on Butterfly Lane, for the cottage in your first screengrab, after turning left at The Battleaxes pub?

I don't have 3D on Google Maps at the moment, so perhaps you could take a closer look.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                Tony

Have you taken a look at the first red brick cottage/cottages on Butterfly Lane, for the cottage in your first screengrab, after turning left at The Battleaxes pub?

I don't have 3D on Google Maps at the moment, so perhaps you could take a closer look.
                These?

Comment

Yes, those, but looking at the close-up reveals that there are not enough chimneys to your missing cottage.

Comment

Paul Welsh says 'Letchmore Heath' - but nothing specific.

Comment

Paul was amusing at the Elstree Diana Rigg event a couple of weeks ago, but I've never heard that he has any great interest in filming locations.

Comment

Oh just as another thought, I hate to be difficult, but could this cottage be like the one in The Avengers episode A Surfeit of H2O, having undergone some additions and alterations since the sixties and maybe we should be looking in Letchmore Heath.

Comment

I've been putting my time-travel specs on - but nothing seems likely - I can't see why they would travel any distance from Letchomre Heath given that the same group of kids

It looks like an estate with lots of ornamental and strange little stone structures.

Comment

It could have been redeveloped in the early 1960s for school buildings - there were a series of moats, ponds and lakes to the North of the old house.

Comment

Fingers crossed I may have access to relevant studio documentation soon. It will be nice Christmas present if this pans out.

Comment

Working...
                              X