Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Danger Route (1967)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger Route (1967)

Although famous for their horror movies during the sixties and early seventies, Amicus made a solitary spy movie in the sixties called Danger Route, starring Richard Johnson as the British assassin Jonas Wilde, who could break a victim’s neck with a single blow.

1 & 2. During the storyline Wilde needed to gain access to the Devon home of Sir Reginald Wood, although as interiors were filmed at Shepperton Studios, I rather think this large red brick property was somewhere near in Surrey.

3. While on the island of Jersey, Wilde visited his contact Ravenspur, although again I think the actual location could be close to Shepperton. I think that the implement in the foreground could be a piece of farm machinery, thus, this could be a farmhouse.

Once again apologies for the poor state of the screengrabs here, as they are of the same quality as my previous postings on Assignment K.

As always with my sixties spy movie location enquiries, all responses are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Mikey; 7th January 2018, 11:50 AM.

Sorry I don't know the locations but have the corrected the images if it helps someone to identify them.

Attached Files

Comment

Marty

Many thanks for doing that, your images look a whole lot better than the ones I posted. I have stopped using this contact as a source for films as he obviously does not know what he is doing

Comment

Scotland Lane, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27
        http://www.knightfrank.co.uk/propert...gu27/cho170345
        Last edited by DocRobertPepper; 7th January 2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

DocRobPepper

Thanks for this, but I don’t think we have a match here.

Looking at the screengrab there is more to this property to the right, the windows are different and access to the area in front of the house can be made by vehicles from the left, although access on the property off Scotland Lane on the left is much narrower and restricted to pedestrians.

Your property is called Red Court and it was built in 1894/5 and was made a Grad II listed building in 1977.

I have found a photograph taken shortly after building was complete and have posted here.

Comment

Yes you are correct its not the correct house but the Architect is the same
            found this while looking at what he also designed
            House at Wokingham by Ernest Newton.
            Its called Glebelands Care Home Milton Road, Woolf Drive, Wokingham RG40 1DU
            Last edited by DocRobertPepper; 8th January 2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Glebelands, a rest home for workers in the cinema industry, is opened by Lord Mayor in Berkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by DocRobertPepper View Post
                Yes you are correct its not the correct house but the Architect is the same
                found this while looking at what he also designed
                House at Wokingham by Ernest Newton.
                Its called Glebelands Care Home Milton Road, Woolf Drive, Wokingham RG40 1DU
                DocRobertPepper

Brilliant detective work tracing this building by the architect. As you point out it is Glebelands Care Home Milton Road, Woolf Drive, Wokingham in Berkshire. So much for my theory regarding filming close to Shepperton Studios in Surrey.

Comment

I should have recognised Glebelands - I've come across it as part of my M-G-M research - Sir William Jury was responsible for the distribution of Metro/M-G-M films in the UK before Sam Eckman Jr. was sent to take over and 'cut out the middle man.'

Comment

Tony

It looks like a standard large house location, ideal for establishing shots, plus, it's location within range of both Shepperton and Pinewood Studios makes me wonder if it was ever used in anything else.

Comment

Around the 46 minute mark Richard Johnson is fleeing Glebelands having carried out his hit and the CIA set their crossbreed German Shepherd Dog to track him down. Both man and dog run through some woodland, which I think could be land alongside the River Ash, near Shepperton Studios. I have not posted any images as you will have seen previously my copy of the movie is not the greatest. However, the film is on You Tube, if anyone would care to give it a look.

Comment

Working...
                      X