Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD

I wasn’t quite sure where to put this as it’s a known location. I’m just trying to find out what something is at that location!

During the film, the Daleks are seen approaching from Studios Road at Shepperton. Behind them you can see the big building that now has the famous “Shepperton Studios” logo. But there is something to the right of that, that I can’t quite work out what it is. It’s somethjng tall that look like it has a ladder and pipes on. Ive added a picture.

Its not the tall chimney that used to be there as that can just been seen in shot further to the left (in the full film grab) and the cylindrical water tank can be seen on the right. I cannot find any picture or map that show what it is.

Does anyone one have any idea?

Could be a fire brigade training structure for dealing with high-rise buildings?

Comment

Ah that’s a good idea. I wonder if Shepperton rented the space?

Comment

Jon

By 1973 Shepperton Studios has it's own Fire and Rescue Service on site. Before that I've not been able to discover any information, but I would have thought by the sixties there was a good chance that they would have had an in-house Fire Brigade of some desciption.

Comment

At first glance it looks like a bunded area round a storage tank and a ladder going up the side of the tank.

The only tank I can find is this, in an early 50's photo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	37.5 KB ID:	54877

The tank may be the white blob in this later photo

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	54880
          Last edited by Anthony McKay; 10th March 2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

No I've seen the wide shot with the white tank to the right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	54883

But, looking at the plans, the chimney should be further to the left. It could be painted black and not be obvious in fuzzy photos.

Could it be this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	54884
            Last edited by Anthony McKay; 10th March 2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I would suggest a fuel-oil tank, painted black.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	54886

Comment

Thanks Anthony! Thats sort of what Gav and I were thinking too

Comment

Working...
                X