Roundaout in Edgar Wallace episode THE VERDICT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundaout in Edgar Wallace episode THE VERDICT

I attach an image from near the end of Edgar Wallace Mysteries Series 5, THE VERDICT (1964) where Nigel Davenport is driving to London Airport in the estate car. From the road signs, this appears to be the junction of the A316 with the A4 at Hogarth Roundabout (before the flyover was built), but is it? I can't find any on-line pictures of that area of Chiswick at the time of filming . Do the arrows on the road signs mean TO Richmond, Twickenham, etc ON the A316, etc or TO these towns and TOWARDS the A316, etc? The A30 doesn't start until Henly's Roundabout much further west near Heathrow (London!) Airport but on the left of the picture is a small sign saying A4 & A30 pointing the other way from the main sign! This certainly would not be at the Hogarth roundabout. I am mystified. Are there any film buffs out there who would know?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Edgar Wallace THE VERDICT.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	66499

It is the bottom of Hogarth Lane, the flats are still there, plus a Tesla car dealer on the right now, the buildings on the left have been demolished for the flyover

Comment

Many thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X