• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweeney (1977)

Any Ideas?

Brentford market, as it then was.

Comment

cant find anywhere around Brentford Market that matches this shot
      he starts off getting pulled over by a Police car in King Street he is taken away and plied with drink
      put back into his car he swerves around this street and the next shot is of him crashing into Brentford Market
      cant find anything that matches the lit up office building on the left

Comment

Climaxes in St. Katherine Docks, near Wapping, of course

"They didn't kill 'im, you did!"
        Last edited by zabadak; 12 December 2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Not the best of the Sweeney! Barry Foster is terrible!
          I remember the scrap yard scene, where Joe Melia's mobbed get machine gunned, which I think was in Wandsworth?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
            Not the best of the Sweeney! Barry Foster is terrible!
            I remember the scrap yard scene, where Joe Melia's mobbed get machine gunned, which I think was in Wandsworth?
            The whole film is terrible: it has a totally different "feel" to it compared with the TV series (whereas Sweeney 2 felt like an extended TV episode). Barry Foster was cringe-making, the chase of Regan and Bianca Hamilton felt over-dramatised and contrived, the opening drum-heavy "music" felt all wrong.

Sweeney 2 was a great improvement with some wonderful lines "Do you realise every moving part of this [a sports car] is machined by human hand" (everyone else in the team is looking at the woman draped over the bonnet!), "I've got a hard-on the size of a milk-bottle", "gerroff ya fucking gnome". Mind you, the bomb-disposal scene drags on a bit.

Comment

Yes Sweeney 2 despite the padded Malta middle section and the overlong bomb disposal scene, is a much more like the TV series. Just a bit more violent, and a better film to boot.
              Regan washing the blood and brains off of his face after Ken Hutchison's death by shotgun G string, is horribly memorable.

Comment

East Smithfield. https://collage.cityoflondon.gov.uk/...vBDKaJA/120198

Comment

• DocRobertPepper
                  DocRobertPepper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes spot on you can just see the block in the mist behind
                  i looked down there on google street view so this must have been demolished a while back
                  cant work out what is there now
              Working...
              X