Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Jubilee (1978)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jubilee (1978)

I must presume that this is in London but it's not one of 13 the 'Kebab House' [that's the actual name] restaurants listed in the 1977 Kelly Street Directory. And what is that across the street a church, a power station or what?

Sorry Christopher, but your image is not showing. Photobucket's new policy has thrown everything under a bus. Some are calling it a "ransomware attack", but I'm thinking of it as a "Photo Hostage Site".

You could upload directly to this site, which is now possile - except this will eat away at the storage allocated to the forums and at some point this will be a burden.

Comment

Thanks for all that StoneAgeMan for I was totally unaware of any changes with Photobucket but if I don't have to use it again that would be great for I've always found it a nightmare to use. You say I can load the picture directly so here goes:-

Well it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Matheson View Post
        And what is that across the street a church, a power station or what?
        It could be an old Brewery?

Comment

My guess for the building, would be a convent. A churchy place but with high walls and no-one looking in from outside.

Comment

The 'church' building looks very much like the RC Church on the corner of Dockhead & Jamaica Road, SE1??

Comment

CliveT you are spot on with that - many thanks.

Comment

Brilliant spotting CliveT! How did you get it?

Comment

I took a peek at "Reelstreets" and noted that frame #27 location was Mill/Jamaica Rd, SE1, and that particular frame shows a café/kebab type building. So, then it was a question of looking for a church-like building in that same area!.

Comment

Thanks, I wondered if you knew the street.

Comment

Working...
                    X