'The End of the River' closing sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The End of the River' closing sequence

Does anyone know where the closing sequence of 'End of the River' was filmed - with James Hayter, Sabu and Bibi Ferreira and the writing in the sand.

Hayter didn't fly out with the crew to South America and does not appear on location during the rest of the film - it could be South America with Hayter traveling out alone for this sequence - but it could equally be somewhere closer and cheaper.

I checked and Sabu and Bibi Ferreira are just inserted as reaction shots at seeing Hayter - these are the only angles of Hayter on locations - the only exotic looking one being the avenue of palms.

The film ends with Hayter walking over "The End of the River" written in the sand.

The film began life as "Green Days and Blue Days" but 'Variety' reported the change to 'The End of the River' in February 1947 - well after location shooting in South America. The British press mentioned the change in January - as well as snow falling on the outdoor sets built in the grounds of Pinewood.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture-00304.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.7 KB ID:	83972Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture-00305.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	83973Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture-00306.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	83974
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 30th January 2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I got quite excited when I saw this thread as I thought it was about "The Bend of The River" one of my favourite westerns !!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
        I got quite excited when I saw this thread as I thought it was about "The Bend of The River" one of my favourite westerns !!
        Powell & Pressburger had similar problems with their film The Battle of the River Plate. Many Americans thought that it was about the River Platte and was thus a western

Steve

Comment

I was going to suggest somewhere in Spain or, Camber Sands (with palm trees)!

Comment

Working...
          X