Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christopher Matheson
    • Mar 2017

The Gentle Trap (1960)

Following scenes in Portobello Road we see this and my initial thought was Ladbroke Grove heading south and turning into Westbourne Park Road. The corner in question has been replaced so it's impossible to tell if it's where I thought it was is. The little bits of surrounding buildings make me think I had the wrong location anyway. That's a bus stop in the last grab so it appears there was bus service on both streets.
  • sandgrounder
    • Jun 2017

First pic is at the corner of Elgin Crescent turning left onto Kensington Park Road. The traffic lights appear to have been replaced with a mini roundabout. the next three pics showing the building on the corner of Kensington Park road and Elgin Crescent and then continuing towards Arundel Gardens

Comment

• PhilipW
      • Mar 2017

A left hand drive car, I see.
      Strange. Any reason ?

Comment

• Mark O
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by PhilipW
        A left hand drive car, I see.
        Strange. Any reason ?
        Judging by the motif on the bonnet, it's a Lincoln Continental.

There were quite a few left-hand drive cars imported from the USA to Britain in the 50's and 60's.

Comment

• Christopher Matheson
          • Mar 2017

sandgrounder that's excellent work, once again. PhilipW there's no real reason for the car other than it's an appropriate vehicle for sleazy night club owner and small time criminal played by Martin Benson. Mark O, when the car is pulled up by the police it is referred to as a 'Lincoln'. The first shot shows the car in Portobello Road, facing north, and that's a poster for a local Odeon at left. I presume the other shots are somewhere outside London.

Comment

Working...