Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The mixed blessings of the internet...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mixed blessings of the internet...

Thought I'd start a catch all group for things online, maybe links to interesting articles or websites, maybe a must see youtube thingy.

Hello, there is also this link to the BBC Radio times magazine listings which search's their archives.

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/

Comment

It is a mixed blessing, the joy of facebook has gone out of the window for me, I've accepted friend requests, then I've been asked for money, my hand in marriage, and other things I won't go into, I've pulled up the drawbridge as far as I am able, changed my status from single to married, and just accept friend requests from 'friends of friends', but I still get friend requests from persons I'd rather not.

Comment

Nice site for Harry Palmer film fans
        http://keesstam.tripod.com/ipcress.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
          It is a mixed blessing, the joy of facebook has gone out of the window for me,
          What joy? You can't have a proper discussion, all that most people can do on there is to say that they "like" something without the ability or desire to say why they like it. Without the ability to equally easily say that they dislike something.

It's been taken over by advertisers anyway. Whenever anyone says that they "like" something, all they're doing is saying that they want to be sent add by programmed advertising systems

Where was the joy in any of that?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
            What joy? You can't have a proper discussion, all that most people can do on there is to say that they "like" something without the ability or desire to say why they like it. Without the ability to equally easily say that they dislike something.

It's been taken over by advertisers anyway. Whenever anyone says that they "like" something, all they're doing is saying that they want to be sent add by programmed advertising systems

Where was the joy in any of that?

Steve
            I belong to quite a number of facebook forums, TV, transport, photography, history, Britain, Coronation Street, nostalgia, music, etc; etc; they bring me 'joy' lol.

I have a policy now of only accepting friend requests from persons I have something in common with, or know personally, it's the ones who don't that leave me feeling uncomfortable, those that are somewhat 'forward' if you know what I mean, I've (falsely) put my status as 'married' to deter this sort of thing, but I still get them !

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

I belong to quite a number of facebook forums, TV, transport, photography, history, Britain, Coronation Street, nostalgia, music, etc; etc; they bring me 'joy' lol.
              But what can you do on them that you can't do on a proper forum like this? Can you have a real conversation with anyone on it?

I ignore any "friend" requests or I say I don't know them. That way you won't be bothered by spam from them

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                But what can you do on them that you can't do on a proper forum like this? Can you have a real conversation with anyone on it?

I ignore any "friend" requests or I say I don't know them. That way you won't be bothered by spam from them

Steve
                Yes, you have a point, fb conversations only last a day or two, and then forgotten about, threads here have been resurrected here, after several years of laying dormant, and carry on, refreshed !

Comment

Working...
                X