Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

William Cameron Menzies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Cameron Menzies

Very readable biography of this director/designer with a Scottish background.
    The book is entitled "William Cameron Menzies"
    Last edited by orpheum; 17th May 2017, 09:17 PM.

I've always liked his Things to come from 1937, he was one of those director's who could evoke the lavish style of a Hollywood production while working in England. Which given the restrains of the studio system and budgets highlighted his talent. What's the name of the book.

Comment

The Maze (1953), is one of my favourite horror films, and I still have an old vhs recording from Channel 4. I would love to see it in 3D some day.

Comment

Nearly half waythroughThere are some mentions of Marcel Carmel in Hollywood.I am now onto the chapter on Things To Come.Fascinating stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tv horror View Post
          I've always liked his Things to come from 1937, he was one of those director's who could evoke the lavish style of a Hollywood production while working in England. Which given the restrains of the studio system and budgets highlighted his talent. What's the name of the book.
          William Cameron Menzies:The Shape Of Films To Come by James Curtis - Pantheon books 432 pages.

Comment

Purchased!

Comment

Thanks for the info I have James Curtis' other book on James Whale, a great read.

Comment

Working...
              X