Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Anthony Steel The Wooden Dish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
    Bearing in mind that he was an alchoholic and ended up in accomodation for the homeless i wouldnt want to have his life.
    According to Anita Ekberg, he was a violent drunk and she claimed he hit her.

Originally posted by Odeonman View Post
    I've just finished reading this book and was rather disappointed in it. It is poorly written for a start and cheaply produced. When you notice errors about things that you have knowledge of, you wonder about the accuracy of other things. For example, the author says that Kenneth More was sacked by Rank after heckling John Davis at a function in 1958, in fact it was 1961. Later the author gives us the astounding and hitherto unknown fact that Capucine was a "transsexual". He goes on to mention a possible relationship with Audrey Hepburn, so what he actually means is she was a lesbian.

If you don't know the difference between a woman who was born a man and a homosexual woman you really have a problem!
    Funny you should say that! A young relative of mine, female, is in a relationship with a woman who was born male. This has me completely baffled. Why would a young man become a woman and then hook up with a woman instead of a man? Why not stay a man?
    So I would wonder the same about Capucine, and I find it very hard to believe Audrey Hepburn would have been in a relationship like that. I think the author might be making it all up.

Comment

Look at his contemporaries on the Ra nk contract list,Craig,Bogarde,Carmichael.All had long careers and did not end up in Steels pitiful situation.Lawson was an alcoholic but still turned in worthy cameos.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

According to Anita Ekberg, he was a violent drunk and she claimed he hit her.

Funny you should say that! A young relative of mine, female, is in a relationship with a woman who was born male. This has me completely baffled. Why would a young man become a woman and then hook up with a woman instead of a man? Why not stay a man?
        So I would wonder the same about Capucine, and I find it very hard to believe Audrey Hepburn would have been in a relationship like that. I think the author might be making it all up.

The point is Capucine was most certainly not born a man!!!

Comment

Working...
        X