Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Dad's army stamps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad's army stamps

At the post office this morning to post something to Oz.Found that I was given two stamps ,one featuring Bill Pertwee and the other Arnold Ridley.Presentation set is available for £9

Sold out at my local post office (Whitby, Yorkshire) on the day of release. Been down to the Cotswolds for a short break, so tried down there. Sold out in Oxford. Sold out in Woodstock. Got my son trying to get me a set in Newcastle where he works. If he draws a blank I'll have to hope they're still available online.

Comment

Sounds like they're destined to become quite valuable.

Comment

Bought mine online yesterday

Comment

Newcastle sold out (more on the way on Tuesday, apparently) but I bought them online in the end; arrived yesterday.

I am amused and quite intrigued by some of the catchphrases chosen to adorn each stamp. Some are obvious (what else but "Put that light out!" could feature on the stamp of Warden Hodges?) others plump for one of at least two alternatives (Jonesy gets "Don't panic! Don't panic!" in favour of "They don't like it up 'em!") others had me wondering if I'd ever actually heard the character say the phrase. I've no doubt Walker did say "It won't cost you much" and probably more than once, but I can't remember it.

Fond memory jogger though and an affectionately presented slice of nostalgia.

Comment

Comment

Well I bought mine at the local post office yesterday.I don't think that Walker or Pike really had catchphrases.For Walker maybe"but for you five bob" and for Pike "don't call me a stupid boy"
              incidentally i recently bought Jimmy Perry's autobiography entitled "I was that stupid boy"

Comment

For anyone that cannot find these at their local post office they are still available to buy online at Amazon UK or eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward G View Post
                  For anyone that cannot find these at their local post office they are still available to buy online at Amazon UK or eBay.
                  Or better still, straight from the issuing source - Royal Mail

https://www.royalmail.com/dadsarmystamps

Comment

Working...
                  X