Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of words about M-G-M's 1960s 'Midwich Cuckoos' films due out in May

Due out in May

I'm not going to make any grand statements about this publication - two years' work and lots and lots of research - it is what it is.

I would just like to thank everyone who helped with the project and hope that the finished work reflects their generosity.

This is a low resolution copy of the cover.

Click image for larger version  Name:	file.php?id=22909.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.4 KB ID:	68717
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 9th March 2019, 04:57 AM.

Tony

I'm looking forward to reading this. Do you have any details how to obtain a copy?

Comment

Little Shoppe of Horrors

Comment

Thanks Doc

Appreciated.

Comment

Is it on Amazom?

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
            Is it on Amazom?
            No - nearer the publication date there will be details on the 'Little Shoppe of Horrors" site (US and international) and "Hemlock Books" site (UK).

And anyone who wants one in New Zealand - they can send me a P.M.

Back cover:

Click image for larger version

Name:	file.php?id=22971.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	68752
            Last edited by Anthony McKay; 9th March 2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

For those who remember the original British screening I edited the cover slightly - this is not an official version - apologies to Steve Karchin, the original artist

Click image for larger version  Name:	LSoH 42b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	68755
              Last edited by Anthony McKay; 9th March 2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Tony

No publication date on the Hemlock Books site, do you have one yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                  Tony

No publication date on the Hemlock Books site, do you have one yet?
                  Still proof reading (March deadline) - aiming for May publication - Hemlock books will probably hold off taking orders until we are actually ready to press.

It's taken me 6 hours to proof read the main article - I've still got to re-visit the side-bars - biographies - interviews etc. - so I'll reiterate - there are a lot of words!
                  Last edited by Anthony McKay; 14th March 2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Due to the amount of text we have decided to publish the 'Children of the Damned' half of the research in LSoH #43 (October Issue ) - were were looking at having to drop some important text and there being no room for illustrations. Spreading the article over two issues gives the material room to breath.

Comment

The issue goes over to the printers tomorrow, April 18th.

Ordering info, on line,for the issue should be up Monday
                      April 22nd.

Inside front cover by Mark Maddox

Name:	943429_b6e36109d266dd8c0f5817d2a6da3f55.jpg?Expires=1555649743&Signature=flUIob~CwwK-2tJOIZ1urb8LylgAq4DrLPyRgJJJdyxCBCQGqEYNEebnL~dXox5yedXgo3AheBRLyKThpqewBcxIS1ZVfX1JSHqQ4rlM~Rpl7YC1YsBP0AMaCNHP4AS7kWP1LJgkKJnO~vCYuJ03HwBClzU~jVgNh00rPrewx1Fe79khEk
Views:	206
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	70187

Comment

The magazine can now be ordered direct from the publishers.

Details of other distributors should be available within the week.

http://www.littleshoppeofhorrors.com/

Comment

I'm told that the magazine be finished by the weekend - so there should be some US reviews available on-line by next week.

Once the magazines have been collected from the printer orders from Hemlock Books will open - but the magazines still need to be shipped to London from the US.

http://www.hemlockbooks.co.uk/Shop/category/4

UK complimentary copies will be shipped from within the UK - so it may well be the end of the month before they appear on doormats.
                          Last edited by Anthony McKay; 1st May 2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

The boxes are on their way across the Atlantic so UK orders are now open:

Name:	Advert.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	71039
                            Last edited by Anthony McKay; 7th May 2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

My order is in.

Comment

Working...
                              X