Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Reel History The world according to the movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel History The world according to the movies

I bought this book on Amazon.I haven't read it yet.It is written by Alex Von Tunzelmann who wrote the script for Churchill.It highlights how films distort history or get it completely wrong.In the circumstances rather ironic given the way she has been accused of mangling history.

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
    I bought this book on Amazon.I haven't read it yet.It is written by Alex Von Tunzelmann who wrote the script for Churchill.It highlights how films distort history or get it completely wrong.In the circumstances rather ironic given the way she has been accused of mangling history.
    But was the film 'Churchill' made the way that the scriptwriter wrote it? Often times the director, producer or even the actors will chip in with their own ideas for what should be in the film

Steve

Comment

In interviews she has in no way complained about such interference.In fact it was the Americans who wanted a delay,and Dieppe proved that the Allies were not yet ready for a full scale invasion.
      The film does not mention that Churchill had advocated the invasion of the soft underbelly of Europe,ie Italy,which did not prove to be so.
      He had no objection to Operation Torch,,or the landing in the South of France in July 1944.I could add many further errors but will leave the above as examples.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
        In interviews she has in no way complained about such interference.
        In that case it looks like the screenwriter is a bit of an idiot, or is terrible at historical research

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X