Peter Wyngarde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Wyngarde

Anyone know if the rumours of a Peter Wyngarde biography are true ? And if so, when it is expected to be on sale.

Always thought it a terrible shame he didn't often appear on our screens after 1980. Would loved to have seen him onstage too. Ahh, that voice.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1550862486.jpg Views:	67 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	68315
    Coming this autumn...

For the first time ever in print, the life story of a television and style icon

'PETER WYNGARDE: A LIFE AMONGST STRANGERS' Written by his friend, partner and soulmate of 30 years, Tina Wyngarde-Hopkins, this is both a biography and memoir

Peter Wyngarde: the name elicits memories of an actor with worldwide renown and instantly adhesive star quality. During a more leisurely time, so far from internet gossip as to be barely recognisable, this is a biography that glued two people together for several decades to create a journal of the rise and relaxation of a household name and the adoration they enjoyed.

The author has not placed their subject on a pedestal to unwittingly create an epic story of fame, fortune, the price of both and the cost of each other. With a wealth of stories to fascinate and appal in equal measure, and given it’s subject’s continuing fascination for a more worldly generation who would barely have heard of the power of the Lord Chamberlain, there is plenty to consume a worldwide readership for the story of someone whose fame hid fragility but whose status was the stuff of legend.

“Elegantly crafted, intensively researched and presented with the utmost honour, it is highly commended.”

“A wonderful, fascinating book.” Steven Berkoff
    This book is set to dispel all the newspaper gossip and Internet rumour you've ever read about Peter Wyngarde!
    Last edited by General Klytus; 1st March 2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
      Shirley Brahms commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember you, Darling. Welcome back. It's been ages!

• Steve Crook
      Steve Crook commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Darling View Post
      I never came across any cynicism or sarcasm
      Oh, we can always manage some of that, if you really want

Edit: Hmmm, I seem to have lost my previous post count, but I was here .
      Yes, we're on a new system so all counts were reset and started again at zero

Welcome back

Steve

• agutterfan
      agutterfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Darling View Post
      Hmmm, I seem to have lost my previous post count, but I was here .
      Welcome back. When you were good you were very good, but when you were bad you were ... darling!

There is a Twitter page for the book but the actual publication date seems rather nebulous. It's at @tinawyngarde

Comment

PETER WYNGARDE: A LIFE AMONGST STRANGERS
      by Tina Wyngarde-Hopkins
      For the first time ever in print, the life story of one of Britain’s greatest acting and style icons!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1578580188.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	84646
      “Tina Wyngarde-Hopkins has written a most remarkable biography of Peter Wyngarde; he really couldn’t have had a more devoted biographer, whose book is full of fascinating stories and anecdotes from his life and career. She has delved, researched, discovered, analysed, and championed a great actor, who was once recognised as one of the most exciting stage performers on the planet.” Steven Berkoff

With contributions from Melody Anderson, Annette André , Steven Berkoff, Brian Blessed OBE, Carol Cleveland, Joel Fabiani, Caron Gardner, Hannah Gordon, Freddie Jones, Sam J. Jones, Martin Stephens, Tim V. plus many more…

Available in hardback, paperback and Kindle formats

Pre-order directly from the publisher by clicking HERE, or from Amazon - click HERE

It will also be available from all good bookshops from Friday, 28th February, 2020.

“Tina’s life story of Peter is a must-read from the one who knew him best!” Sam J. Jones
      For further information, including independent reviews etc., click HERE:

Comment

"was once recognised as one of the most exciting stage performers on the planet"
        "one of Britain's greatest acting and style icons!"

I didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
        X