Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The Day of the Triffids - 1981

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day of the Triffids - 1981

Hello

I've been trying to locate the London locations used in the BBC 1981 version of The Day of the Triffids and have had a bit of success. They seem to be mostly in north London (Kilburn, Islington and Hampstead) and around Russell Square. However, there is one scene that I have been unable to find the location for, the one where Bill Masen (John Duttine) is leading a group of people scavenging in a shopping centre. I posted a short clip on the Flickr Guess Where London? group to see if anyone there might know but without any luck so far. One of the replies suggested I should try tapping the knowledge of the folk here at Britmovie.
    I'm not even sure it was filmed in London and has probably changed very much if it still even exists.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tetram...sswherelondon/

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Possibly the Arndale shopping centre Wandsworth before it was refurbished

Comment

Originally posted by DocRobertPepper View Post
      Possibly the Arndale shopping centre Wandsworth before it was refurbished
      Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I can't find any old photos of the Arndale in Wandsworth to see if it is there.

Comment

These are the only pictures ive found so far

Comment

These are the only pictures ive found so far
          You must use a better search engine than I, none of these images came up for me. Are they screenshots from a film or television programme? Looking at the 1st, 4th and 5th images makes me think you might be correct with your Wandsworth Arndale Centre suggestion. The rocks behind the two seated women look just like the the ones in the clip. The floor tiling looks very similar as does the view of the ground and first floor in the 5th image.

Comment

I cheated and asked a Facebook group Wandsworth in pictures and someone had captured most of the pictures from a Grange Hill episode
            it's my local shopping centre been going there for years so thats why it rung a bell
            if i get any more i will post them up

Comment

I cheated and asked a Facebook group Wandsworth in pictures and someone had captured most of the pictures from a Grange Hill episode
              it's my local shopping centre been going there for years so thats why it rung a bell
              if i get any more i will post them up
              I've just been skipping through the Grange Hill episode and found another bit of evidence to support Wandsworth. At around 7½ minutes in to the episode the two girls pass a shop front and grey wall which seems to match the one at the beginning of the triffids clip.

Comment

Working...
              X