Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Nineteen Eighty-Four (1954) BBC Television Filming Locations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nineteen Eighty-Four (1954) BBC Television Filming Locations

Hi, I wonder would anyone help me to identify the filming locations from the 1954 British television adaptation of Nineteen Eighty-Four.

According to Peter Cushing, speaking on Late Night Line-Up in 1965, these scenes were filmed on the demolition site that became BBC Television Centre but do any of the locations that featured in this iconic production still survive?

The building in the first screen shot looks like the Scenery Block at Television Centre or is it Lime Grove Studios?

In the second screenshot it looks like the railway bridge over Wood Lane in the background or is it?

Some of the exterior scenes featuring Smith's travels in the proletarian sector look like they were filmed in the ruins of the Franco-British Exhibition (1908).

One of the screen shots shows Smith entering a building that looks like a leftover from the exhibition but I could be wrong.

Another of the screen shots shows Smith walking along a street that looks like a slum that's ready to be demolished but where was the street?

And finally there's the park or woods where Smith meets Julia played by Yvonne Mitchell. This could either be a park near Wood Lane or Alexandra Palace. There seem to be a lack of production notes that identify these filming locations.

If anyone could shed any light on this filming locations I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X