Special Branch episode 'Intercept'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Branch episode 'Intercept'

In the latter stages of this episode (series 4) action takes place around what appears to be a derelict building which shows the name 'California Club' (I think) Does anyone know where this was filmed please?

Do you have any images?

It would make identifying the location much easier.

Comment

Unfortunately I have no photo's of said building, only the moving images from the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by polypody View Post
        Unfortunately I have no photo's of said building, only the moving images from the DVD.
        One way round that is to begin playing the DVD on your computer then pause it at a key moment and hit the 'Printscreen' key to capture a screenshot, then paste the screenshot into 'Paint' and save it.
        Then upload it to a free image host like 'Post Image', then paste the link into the forum, I do it all the time..

Comment

Comment

A few more shots of a scene before on a river and some of after when he rides off to another house maybe nearby the Art Deco derelict building

Comment

• Harryshand
              Harryshand commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Doc - the lake is almost certainly Longmoor Lake (moorings and islands match online photos) adjacent to the California Club but I'm not so sure the white house and picket fence are nearby. The surrounding land Bindon is viewing looks more like a common than the land surrounding the club so it may be elsewhere.

Thanks for your help. I reckon it shows the California Club that was a 'pleasure park', a sort of holiday camp but inland, opened in the early 1930's near Wokingham in Berkshire.

Comment

Yes spot on California country park Wokingham it is

Comment

Nice find, I’ve been looking for that for quite a while.

Comment

Working...
                X